Due to continued companywide changes, we are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our expanding Compliance Team. This role is initially a 12 month contract but has the potential to become a permanent role.
GBUK Group of award-winning specialist companies are experts in the provision of enteral feeding, critical care and patient handling products and technologies. Within the Group, GBUK Enteral is the UK’s leading supplier of enteral feeding tubes, syringes, and gastronomy devices; GBUK Healthcare offers medical, surgical and critical care devices and GBUK Banana provides a comprehensive range of innovative safety-centred patient moving and handling systems. We are a top 20 supplier to the NHS as well as supporting patients and healthcare professionals in over 45 countries worldwide with more than 600,000 medical devices daily.
Full driving licence and your own vehicle is essential for this role as there are no public transport links to our site.
We have a fantastic opportunity become available for a Quality Control Technician, reporting to the Quality Manager at our offices in Selby, North Yorkshire.
You will be responsible for incoming goods inspection and testing prior to release.
Duties will include:
- Receive incoming goods checking and confirming that the correct and relevant paperwork has been received and complies with internal specifications.
- Perform initial inspection and testing activities to ensure product compliance.
- Generate, investigate, and correct any issues found at receipt following the non-conformity process.
- Coordinate and conduct rework activities as part of NC’s whilst liaising with the warehouse team and relevant suppliers.
- Coordinate and manage the return of items as part of the complaints and standard return process.
- Generate C of C’s to allow release of compliant goods.
- Provide input into the evaluation of suppliers regarding supplier communication and issues with products.
- Provide backup for servicing and calibration activities.
- Organise Goods Inwards and the QC lab and undertake housekeeping to ensure the areas are maintained in a suitable condition, promoting and supporting a high level of compliance while following H & S practices
- Conduct any other tasks necessary for goods inwards or the wider quality team, as required by the Quality Manager
- Experience of receipt & inspection activities in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working within a Medical Device (or similar) industry
- Computer literate
- Experience of product testing
- Minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English or relevant vocational training
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Full Driving licence and own vehicle (essential as no public transport to our site)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good standard of written and verbal communication skills; good standard of written English
- Good organisational and leadership skills with attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with the ability to take the initiative
- Problem solver
In return we provide full training for the role and ongoing support along with a full benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Company Performance Bonus potential
- Free on-site parking
- Health Cash Plan (on completion of Probation)
- Wellness programmes
- Company Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Discounts in conjunction with linked companies
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,0000 – £30,000.00 per year depending on experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- North Duffield, YO8 5DD (required)
Work Location: In person